Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Sunday 9 October 2016

Another Wonderful Artful Days Goodie Box

Hi everyone! Hope you've all had a lovely weekend!
I'm posting my recent project made from the gorgeous contents of September's Goodie Box! The theme for this month is: Wings. Therefore as you can see in the photos below, it's all about birds and butterflies! Gorgeous. This month included the most adorable bird house, so of course, that had to be my first make!
The A5 Botanical papers that I used here are from a company I haven't heard of before: Crafty Emotions. There is so much in this box again this month, but sadly there aren't any more boxes available. However, if you are quick, you will just be in time for October's box which is: Steampunk!! This post will give you an idea of the quality and variety of these Goodie boxes. They are becoming really popular though so you do need to order quickly Here.
 





Delicious isn't it? It's so exciting receiving these each month. Julie Bell who created these has organised a subscription on the website to make it easier to order, although you can buy individual boxes too. So now a few photos to show the process of making my bird house! 
 These are the items I used from the box. I actually used more paper than is shown here but this was the original plan!
These are the items I added. The MDF discs and tube are from a little Wendy Vecchi set I had in my stash. You don't have to add very much to the contents of the Goodie boxes to create some wonderful projects! 
As with everything I make, first off, a layer of gesso! Once this was dried, I added PaperArtsy Fresco chalk paint.  I love the matte finish of these paints they are perfect colours for complementing the contents too. The trickiest part was to cut papers to size for the bird house and make sure I created gaps for the perch and the entrance hole. The papers are gorgeous and a really good weight. 

I painted the roof but used the Kraft sheet to cut out some roof  swags in order to  create more interest. These little swags took some cutting and inking! So now it was just a case of assembling and embellishing! 
I adore these little bird buttons. You get so many of them too. Plenty left over for another project so 
watch this space! A bit of doodling on the bunting,  some flowers on the stand and a butterfly on the front and it was finished! Hope you like it. Thanks so much for stopping by! 

Until next time. Happy Crafting everyone! 



9 comments:

  1. Lovely Chris, so feminine and I love that touch of hot pink. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little project Chris, I love those wee Birdies dancing round the Bird House xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are cute aren't they? Thankyou Tracey xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous make and love the whimsical style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful creation - I'd love to live in it !

    ReplyDelete