Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Thursday 21 April 2016

Second Round of The Circle Journals

Having now received my Art Journal back from it's 7 months of wandering between my lovely Circle Journal friends, and oohing and aahing over all the gorgeous artwork inside it, I'm raring to get going on the second round! This time I asked all participants to select a unique shape for their art journals to give us an extra challenge each time a new journal drops through the letterbox. I chose to use some thick Kraft card ribbon holders that I fell in love with when visiting Version Scrap in Paris, a couple of years ago to create a mini journal. The show is a beautiful, mainly scrapbooking convention/show that takes place twice yearly I think. It was great. I went with my lovely friend Linda Regan who hadn't visited Paris before so we extended our stay to do lots of sightseeing too! It was great fun. Now that I know Wanda Hertges has received it, I'm ready to show a few photos of the journal that I won't see again for twelve months or more. It's wonderful that our original group of 7 has grown to 12 for this particular round! One overarching rule for each page completed is to use at least one PaperArtsy product per page. My product choice was: paint. Fresco chalks to be more precise. If it's at all possible that you have not yet tried these paints, I strongly urge you to do so! They are delicious and there's zillions of colours. You can use them on almost any substrate, even fabric. And I have them all. Well almost, bar one or two. I prefer the stronger, brighter colours that Leandra and Mark (lovely owners of PaperArtsy) produce but the choices are really extensive. They produce opaque, semi opaque and translucent tones. All you could wish for. I've included a photo of the colours I used to make the backgrounds. The flowers were drawn by hand, the stamps are designed by Stampotique, and I used various paint pens, including Wink of Stella to embellish details. I do hope you like what you see. I would love to know you dropped by!



Whoops! Should be some ''Bougainvillea' in that photo too! My favourite Fresco Chalk! I didn't take any process photos this time as I so enjoyed making this I didn't stop to take photos! But there is one showing the first stage of development. The rest are just different views of the finished journal. I can't wait to see what all the other journalers create on these mini pages! 







I'm hoping to post again tomorrow night, some photos of the planner I started making during a workshop with Kate Crane last weekend at the Ministry of Mixology retreat in Coventry. Hope you will join me as I post photos of it's development throughout the week! 
Have a great week folks! 


10 comments:

  1. Looks gorgeous Chris! I have so much I bought in Paris I haven't played with yet! What a great idea to use those pages for your circle journal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your little circle journal Chris bet it will be fab by the time you get it back x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks stunning Chris! Can't wait to have a play! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks fabulous Chris. Can't wait to see it in real life.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks fabulous Chris. Can't wait to see it in real life.
    Catherine xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that's what a ribbon holder is, looks Fan Chris, love your flowers and the colours. Will be fun this time with all the different shapes xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thankyou for your lovely comments Helen, Becky, Hazel, Catherine and Julie! xxx I do think it's going to be a fun round!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow Chris this is lovely!! great vibrant colours and a fantastic shape...will be beautiful when finished xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lin. I can't wait to see how everyone completes it!

      Delete