Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Friday 7 September 2018

Artist Trading Coins PaperArtsy style

Hi there folks, I'm linking this post to the one going out tonight over on the paperartsy blog here. The blog theme over the past week and continuing throughout next week is: Artist Trading Coins. These are the ones I made using a couple of Kay Carley's stamp sets.

The two stamp sets Ive used are: EKC15 and EK19. These flower heads are great images to use on the 2.5" diameter Coins. If you haven't yet caught the 'bug' for making these little mini art pieces, then I hope you can find inspiration and know-how on the PA blog. Each contributing artist has a different 'take' on how to create these while using various stamped images from different designers. The technique is pretty much the same as making regular ATCs. My technique is the way I produce any piece of art journaling - lots of layers! 


These backgrounds were created by first laying down a mix of Distress Oxides, adding various colours until I was happy with the result. These three sheets are a result of using different combinations. The technique was Tim Holtz's swooshing method. Once dry, I then added PaperArtsy Infusions on top, attempting to use similar colours to the Oxides. These are not permanent backgrounds so needed fixing with Ranger's Distress glaze before adding further layers. 


They look so pretty even before I add any stencilling or stamping on top. 

Here are just a few I added further layers to. This included stamping: I used some PaperArtsy mini  stamps and some stamps designed by Michelle Ward for GreenPepperStudios. I'm not sure these are still available as I bought them several years ago. I also added some marks using bottle caps/tops and a white Sharpie paint pen. These were now ready for the focal images to be placed on top. 
 

 You can see which stamp sets I used over on the PA blog. I used a mix of Derwent Inktense blocks (grated then mixed with water to create a watercolour mix) and Copic markers, to colour in the flowers, butterflies and dragonflies. I also added some glitter to some of the images and some text.

Now, I turned my attention to creating some storage tins to keep these Coins in! I had seen an idea on Pinterest to turn a large Pringles tin into an ATCoin storage container. I preferred to use the smaller size. 


This seemed a more manageable size. I had great fun creating a masterboard to cut these panels from. This time I used Paperartsy Fresco chalk paints and a couple of Paperartsy  stencils.


 I used Paperartsy grunge paste, pushed through this scrummy stencil (PSO34) before brayering some Paperartsy Fresco chalk paints across the 12" Smoothy card I used for this. I created several sheets and used several colours of Frescos. 

 The raised pattern resisted the paint and left lots of white space, which I really liked. Once I had created a layer of colour, I added further stencilling on top, using one of Kay Carley's new stencils, and mixing grunge paste with the Infusions. I explained on the PA blog my surprise at the results but I was pleased with the colours this technique produced. 

 This is such a pretty stencil. I love the panels I created to wrap around the tins. I only needed to paint a base coat of black paint and create a larger Coin for the lid. I was very happy to have enough left over to create some matching Coins. So, there we are. I do hope you like my ATCoins and want to get involved in this new swapping craze. These are all up for swaps if you're interested. Just leave me a comment below. I will leave you with a couple of close-up photos of the Coins. Until next time...

 Don't forget to pop over to the paperartsy blog for more inspiration here. I would love to read your opinion of this new craze in the comments below!










30 comments:

  1. Love the colours you've used. Smashing tip about the tins.....even better that you've given me an excuse to buy some pringles!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thankyou so much Christine. Ha ha! My favourite crisps too xxx

      Delete
  2. Love how you ave used the Oxides and Infusions, never tried this before, will be giving this a go. Cool storage idea, very manageable and cute!!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, because they are both water-based they blend and merge beautifully. And you can just keep layering one on top of the other. Thankyou so much for leaving a comment Bryan!

      Delete
  3. They are lovely and great idea for storage...good excuse to eat Pringles..wink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I rather liked that idea too Clare! Thankyou for popping over!

      Delete
  4. Love them and the boxes! I think I may have to look into ATC coins... 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah for taking time out to pop by! When life resembles some sort of normality again, I think you'll love making these!

      Delete
  5. You really have spoilt us Chris, so much loveliness to see here. Great way to make use those unrecyclable Pringle tubs.I adore those coins, must get my butt into action and get some finished. Thank you for sharing.
    Big Hugs Tracey xx
    P.S Hope you are keeping well??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Tracey for your lovely, encouraging comment. The Pringles tubs are just the right size for storage. I'd love to see what you come up with! Yes, all well this end!!

      Delete
  6. Wow, love the AtCoins...but also the panel you made to wrap the thins are gorgeus :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the detailed instructions - I love the coins and I’m off to buy some Pringles 😋

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are looking for more information about flat rate locksmith Las Vegas check that right away. https://myspinfree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... astramentis

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. nightshold

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made such an interesting piece to read, giving every subject enlightenment for us to gain knowledge. Thanks for sharing the such information with us to read this... padkrapaw

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. http://pestadomino.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... http://mainqiu.asia

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks http://mainqq.us

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my first time visit to your blog and I am very interested in the articles that you serve. Provide enough knowledge for me. Thank you for sharing useful and don't forget, keep sharing useful info: https://cmcpoker.bid

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.http://rajacapsa.top

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. http://cmcpkr.org

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like your post. It is good to see you verbalize from the heart and clarity on this important subject can be easily observed... https://cmcpkr.net/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. https://iturajaqq.club

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks https://rajaqqpro.cc

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome article, it was exceptionally helpful! I simply began in this and I'm becoming more acquainted with it better! Cheers, keep doing awesome! teemeery

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also slot live22

    ReplyDelete