Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Tag Technique 3: Using Pigment inks on a gelli plate

Hi everyone,
Have you tried any of these techniques yet? My third and final post using pigment ink pads on the gelli plate is also my favourite. It is inspired by the tags created by the uber-talented Birgit Koopsen. She has produced many videos for Gel Press and are easy to find on YouTube.
Pretty, aren't they? First, I used the VersaFine Clair ink pads that I used in my previous posts, but I didn't get a great result. I think the pads are too new and tended to bubble as they dried. The Distress Oxides were a lot more successful and were used in the samples above. 
As you can probably make out in this photo, I smeared each ink pad across the gelli plate. Take care not to let the colours touch as you can contaminate the ink pad. Best to use a small brayer afterwards to carefully blend the colours together while keeping each colour discrete. You now need to let these dry. 

When I used the VersaFine Clair pigment inks, I blocked the colours. Another idea Birgit Koopsen used. However, you can see it starting to 'bead' on the gelli plate. I suspect the ink pads were just too juicy as they were mostly new. 

I used several of my Carabelle art texture printing plates and pressed them into the ink to create patterns across the plate. I then placed a few tags across different parts of the gelli plate to pick up the print. However, I was disappointed with the result.

So, I tried again with the Distress Oxides. I used the art printing plates again followed by the foam stamps again.
This time when I pulled some prints off with my tags it worked beautifully as you can see from the first photo. I do hope you will have a go with this particular technique. It is so rewarding! Thankyou Birgit for another cracking idea! Until next week, happy crafting! 







No comments:

Post a Comment