We used a selection of Amsterdam acrylics and Dina Wakley acrylic paints. But it all actually started with smearing two or three colours across a Gessoed canvas. Like this:
Now the fun started! I drew the flower ( under Tracy's direction) and added various circles, probably too many but ah well, I love circles! This wasn't easy as there is so much detail in this background. In the end I went straight in with Pitt pen as I couldn't see the pencil. Risky. Had to get it right first time! Then I painted complementary colours around the painted images. At first I used four colours but soon got rid of one colour as it developed. I've done this before with Dyan Reavely, painting
around a figure or image in a dark coloured paint. But this was more fun if more fiddly. The next two pics just show further stages in the development!
I'm not happy with the font I chose but I chickened out of using my own handwriting on this occasion. These words are from a Stencil Girl word stencil.
Thankyou so much for stopping by. I still have my whimsical animals to finish before I can post those too. I'd love you to let me know you popped in!