Words I will journal by.

Create. Learn. Try. Believe you can.

Sunday 3 January 2016

New year. New journey.

Happy new year folks and Thankyou for visiting my very irregular blog. I will try harder to post more regularly, especially as I'm signed up to so many online classes. Christmas was lovely but exhausting so I didn't even manage to post pics of this year's batch of hand made cards. However, after creating 75 for family, friends and neighbours, my energy levels were deplete! Lovely feedback from appreciate recipients though make it all worth while. However, this year will be more about my art journey. 'Wanderlust' by Everything Art, has just started and I've completed my first Wanderlust Book challenge. This was an opening page containing one word which sums up how I'm feeling at the moment. Well, this was easy. My word is: LOVE. Mainly because I love my life! (Will post pics when they've downloaded). Now I'm retired I have 'guilt-free' time. I love being able to spend time with my daughters and gorgeous Grandfairies. I love meeting up with friends, any time, anywhere, for coffee and chats. I love days out with my lovely husband Pete, using our National Trust cards and enjoying delicious lunches. I've also joined a 'knit and natter' craft group in my village - meeting at the local pub (persuasive) - to learn to crochet. So this year is 'my' year. I'm determined to practise, practise, practise my face portraits this year too. I have the books - Pam Carriker, Jane Davenport, Dina Wakley - I'm signed up to the online courses, so no more excuses!  Hope you will also be blessed with a life you love this year xxx

11 comments:

  1. doesn't sound like you'd have time for work.... I think Wanderlust is going to be great, given what we've seen so far. happy new year Chris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Second attempt lol. Yes, I agree Helen. I think it's going to be great fun with the secret group alongside too. Happy new year to you too! Hope we see each other again soon.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like an excellent plan to me Chris, hope you pull it off and I need to be part of your meeting up with friends for coffee and chats more often this year xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we've got to make arrangements to then! When you get back from skiing definitely!

      Delete
    2. Great positive outlook to the new year Chris....just up my street! Here's to a year of exciting opportunities and challenges and watching our lovely families blossom and be fulfilled! Xx

      Delete
  3. lucky lucky you Chris but well deserved!! hope you enjoy your online classes and great word to start with..like Sam would love more get togethers this year..looking forward to the 16th xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm loving our meet ups! Let's plan lots of stuff this year!

      Delete
  4. Hello there Chris. I have also enrolled onto wanderlust but haven't finished my page yet ! Looking forward to seeing yours. Hopefully see you soon
    xcatherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh good! Looking forward to seeing your page because I know it's going to be fab! Look forward to lots of chats and sharing xxx

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your courses, books, etc.

    ReplyDelete